I will probably never be able to part with this doll. We were at DI and Pres found this doll. I didn't want to get it for her {I know mean mom, but she has been throwing these horrible fits lately and i didn't want to teach her that when she threw them she would get what she wanted} anyway, she was snuggling it while we sat in line and when it came time to part with it she was so sad. I was almost to the doors and a little old man walks up to me and hands me the doll. I said, "oh no, I didn't buy it." He quickly replied, "no, I want to get it for her." Awe, what a sweet old man! I love little checks like that in life. You know the ones where you re-evaluate your actions. Wondering if you are making a small difference in someones life? This doll is going to be a good reminder for me, that is why I say I probably can't ever part with it. She is a little ragged and I threw her in the washer right when we got home, but she is perfect! Presli loves her too. She gets carried around on a daily basis.
Our Valentine's Day was so much fun. Devin had to work so I spent the day baking {odd tangent/hobby I am a little obsessed with right now}. We also went to Connor's school party. He thought it was the coolest when he got to open all of his valentines. After all the baking I realized I had WAY too many treats in the house. I threw together a few plates and we ran valentine plates to Connors Sunbeam teachers...who by the way ROCK! They totally go above and beyond. I don't want Connor to ever leave their class...or even worse, them get released! It would be a sad day. Anyway, they were excited to see Connor and he was excited to see them. "Happy Valentines!" he would say. Such a little cutie!
The kids and I decorated during the day. It was so much fun. I have wanted to make one of the tepees for a while now. I thought vday would be the perfect reason to :) why not?? So, I did. What a hit! We spent the night with our little family. We ate by candle light. The kids LOVED it! Connor wants to eat by candle light every meal now, of course! We ended our night watching Valentine's Day such a fun show. Presli was in bed by the time we finished. Connor watched/hung out in his "cave" aka the tepee. He was talking with Devin and said "this is my favorite valentines" it made every ounce of work for this day COMPLETELY worth every second! He felt loved. Our Valentine's leaked into today as well. Devin took us out to lunch and we did some shopping. I love spending time with my family. I am blessed! I hope you all had a very Happy Valentine's Day!


2 comments:
you are the cutest mom ever! and I loved the story about the doll - so sweet!!
Yes-- your kids are so lucky!! You guys always have so much fun--I need you to hang around me and wear off on me a little!!
Post a Comment